Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas (Norwegian Getaway Cruise - Day 2)

 
Welcome to Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas.  This is day 2 of our cruise on Norwegian Getaway.  

Here is the Freestyle Daily for Day 2.  Please ignore the markings.  I didn't think about posting them to this blog until later. 



 
 
I had high hopes of seeing something magical but once we stepped off the ship and onto the Bahamas Islands, my hope sank.  We were hit, left and right, with people trying to sale us crap or offer us trips.  It was crazy and over whelming, to say the least.  We just wanted to explore the area but felt rude of saying no so many times.
 

We had nothing planned on this island and decided to just hit the local beach and do some exploring.  The streets were dirty and the traffic was dangerous.  Not sure how many times I saw someone almost get ran over by the flying cars. 

The walk to the beach ended up being a mile away so wear some good walking shoes.  No need to get all girly and wear those pretty shoes that kill your feet.  Save them for the ship.  You will thank me later.   Once we got there, the wind was so strong it was hard to enjoy the beach because the waves were pretty rough.  Hardly anyone got in to swim.  The view was pretty though.

We only stayed a short time before walking back and hitting some of the shops.  There was a place like a flea market but the people were so – IN YOUR FACE – about buying that I lost the joy of shopping.  I ended up buying the same stuff at a store down the street for more just because the clerk left me alone to shop.  We only spent a few hours there before coming back to the ship.

I’m ok never seeing that place again.  Reminds me of New Orleans after a good night of party goers. 


 















No comments:

Post a Comment