Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Poquito Moscato Wine "A Little Sweet & A Little Fizzy"

Poquito Moscato
5% Alc./Vol. 375 ML
Product of Spain
Some friends and I headed out one night to our local Pies and Pints for some pizza and adult beverage one night.  As per my custom when I have wine on the mind, I always ask the waiter for something light and sweet to try.  On this night, our rather cute waiter suggested Poquito Moscato and I was happy to give it a try.  Although the price was a little high for my taste (restaurant price), you can find it for around $6 in stores. 
 
The green glass bottle arrived and even though it reminded me of Mountain Dew, I was ready to see what sweet goodness awaited my first sip.  Don’t let the color of the bottle fool you because the wine itself has a light white coloring.  I’m not a big fan of peaches or apricots so when I aroma hit me, I wasn’t too impressed as to what I was about to drink.  I took a small sip of first, testing the waters, and the moment it touched my taste buds, I was sold!  The combination of the sweet fruits of peaches, pears and apricots made this a wonderful drink to pair with our amazing pizza.  I was able to maybe get a 1 ½ glasses out of the bottle and of course the table had to take a sample as well. 
 
This wine is made on the coastal region of Valencia, Spain.  And even though it is MADE in Spain, the winemaker is really a Scotsman, also known as “El Escoces Volante” (The Flying Scotsman). 

No comments:

Post a Comment