Total Pageviews

Monday, November 18, 2013

Snowman Wine Glasses


With Christmas coming up, I saw this local class on painting snowman wine glasses and grabbed a friends and off we went.  In our town we have a place called Uncork and Create which allows you to bring an adult beverage, snacks and friends for a night of painting fun.  Normally it's a painting you can hang on your wall but this night we painted wine glasses.  

You walk into this room filled with wonderful art work and find long tables in the middle of the room.  Chairs, aprons and all your supplies laid out just waiting to be made into your masterpiece.  There is an instructor that will walk you through each step on how to make whatever the project is that night.  

My friend open her bottle of wine and served it up as the instructor began our steps.  We painted the white first using indoor craft paint.  This is only one coat and I used small circles to get the snowy winter look.  We then put our first coat of paint on the bottom.  I picked green and red to keep with the holiday spirit.  By then the white had dried and we put on the faces and moved on to the second coat on the stem.  After more wine and a few giggles we used our talents to add that special touch to make each one stand out.  I tried for snow flakes and small specs of snow.  I then added eye lashes for my girl and a bow tie for the boy.  After the last of the wine, they were complete.

The instructor gave us instructions for when we got home.  Once I got home, I set the oven to 350 degrees and put the glasses in the cold stove.  I set my timer for 30 minutes and went off to do something else.  Once the timer went off, I shut the oven off but left the glasses inside to cool.  After the glasses was cooled I hand washed them in hot soapy water and served them up with orange Kool-Aid for my kiddo and myself at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment